Lauren “Lolo” Spencer (@itslololove) has short hair, but her list of impressive feats is loooooong. As a disability lifestyle influencer, creator, actor, model and public speaker—Lolo’s busy schedule calls for an easy, stress-free, time-saving curly hair routine. So we enlisted the help of celebrity stylist Kelly Wood (@kellywxxd) to hook her up with a curl-friendly custom hair color regime that’s super easy to refresh and maintain at home.
Watch the video below to see how Kelly created her gorgeous one-of-a-kind color and style, and read on to learn more about Lolo below.
Create Your Own Custom Hair Color
What You’ll Need
- A black towel and/or cape to cover clothing and surfaces
- Extreme Magenta, Vibrant Magenta and Vibrant Purple Coloring Conditioners
Lighten & Prep
- Trim previously bleached ends before lightening.
- Apply a gentle bleach, let it process for the recommended amount of time and rinse hair thoroughly.
- Shampoo hair with a PH-balanced cleanser, then rinse and air dry or blow dry hair.
- When hair is dry, prep your workspace for color.
Get Lolo’s Curly Color
- Apply Extreme Purple at root and blend.
- Next, apply Extreme Magenta and blend.
- Apply Vibrant Magenta and blend.
- Apply Vibrant Purple and blend.
- Let your custom color sit for 15-20 mins, then rinse with lukewarm water until water runs clean
- Dry, style and show off your new, colorful ‘do
Learn Why Lolo Loves oVertone
Lauren “Lolo” Spencer
I’m a Disability Lifestyle Influencer, Actress, Model, Public Speaker and Content Creator
Los Angeles, CA
Starting hair color and texture:
Why do you use oVertone?
I’ve always used oVertone to color my hair, it doesn’t dry out my hair—even if you’re not a professional hairstylist. I always love the vibrancy of the colors and how easy it is to use.
What was your hair goal?
My #hairgoal was to create a purple and magenta ombre look.
What’s your typical hair care routine?
I use a leave-in conditioner and oil every day, and I sleep on my satin pillowcases.
What does your hair mean to you?
My hair is part of my branding and a symbol of my free-spirited nature. Love oVertone!!!