If you’ve ever used hair color at home before, then you know that the best products with the most pigment can leave their marks around your bathroom if you’re not careful. After all, if a bright color isn’t prone to staining, then it probably isn’t formulated with enough pigment. We’ve gathered a few tips on preventing stains from our oVertone Extreme and Vibrant lines (our Pastel lines have a conservative amount of pigment that makes them less prone to staining anything).
These are the easiest stains to prevent! Simply use a dark towel, and don’t let your hair touch clothing until it’s dry. Once hair is dry, it shouldn’t bleed onto clothing or even pillowcases.
It also depends on which color you use. Our Extreme conditioners have way more pigment than our Vibrant or Pastel lines, so there’s less chance of permanent staining when using our Vibrant or Pastel conditioners. To be safe, try a little test in a non-visible area of your space.
1. Wring your hair of excess water – this keeps the conditioner from migrating to areas of skin where you don’t want it.
2. Section your hair into 4-6 areas and apply conditioner to each area separately – this minimizing how much rubbing you have to do to get the conditioner down to your roots.
3. Rinse your hands in between applying to each section – this minimize how much time the conditioner sits in your hands.
4. Clip up your hair after you finish applying oVertone – this minimize the amount of time the conditioner is sitting against your neck
5. After completely saturating your hair and it’s clipped up, use a wet wash cloth to clean up your hair line and neck.